My Travel Philosophy



I was walking through the Writers' Museum in Edinburgh, Scotland, and I chanced upon the quote below in the exhibit on Robert Louis Stevenson. These words encapsulate my philosophy of travelling so accurately that it is hard for me to describe how I felt when I read them for the first time. Allow me some poetic latitude: it was as if these words reached out to me and held me like a mother holds her newborn baby.
                                                                               
Well, my point is, when I am on the road and feeling enervated, these words serve as my guidepost and my amulet. This is how and why I travel.

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."

My mother's not any less wiser than Stevenson. She said to me before I left home,

"Try not to get into any trouble. But if you do, don't scurry back home."

2 comments:

  1. a great pleasure yo meet you and hear your experiencias around the world. :) greetings Altamira Tamaulipas México.
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will never forget how all of us got to meet on the road and the experience we had in Aquismon! Tienen una casa en Nueva Delhi!

      Delete